Michael Davis has been representing injured railroad workers in matters under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act for more than 20 years. He has successfully handled complex personal injury cases throughout the eastern half of the United States and has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our firm’s clients. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Academy of Railroad Labor Attorneys (ARLA) as Treasurer, has also been selected to both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and as a 2019 TOP LAWYER by The Business Magazine of Coastal Virginia.
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of The College of William & Mary in 1988 (B.A., Government), Mr. Davis remained in Williamsburg, Virginia to attend The Marshall-Wythe School of Law on a T. C. Clarke Fellowship. He earned his Juris Doctor from Marshall-Wythe in 1991 and began a general litigation practice in Virginia Beach, Virginia, successfully trying nearly eighty (80) jury trials to verdict. Mr. Davis joined the Moody Law Firm in September 2000 and is a proud member of the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, American Association for Justice and the Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association.
As an AV-Rated Attorney, Mr. Davis has achieved the highest Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating for preeminent legal ability and overall professional excellence.
- Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA)
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William & Mary, J.D., 1991
- College of William & Mary, B.A., 1988
- 1991, Virginia
- 1991, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- 1991, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- 2008, West Virginia
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- 2019, United States Supreme Court
- Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia State Bar
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA)
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association (VTLA)
- Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum